Thursday, November 12, 2015

360fit Blog - Are You a Child Abuser?



This summer I went to the beach with my kids. My children are normal 13 and 9 year olds. I'd say they are built exactly like I was at their age.

One of the other parents came by while the kids were playing. She looked at my kids and said, "Your kids are so skinny."

I wanted to say, "No, your kids are fat."

When I was a kid, which is not that long ago, when we went to the beach there might be one heavy kid. Not fat, just heavy.

Go to the beach now and look around. The heavy kids are the new normal. The obese kids are all over the place. There's hardly one skinny child and they stand out like sore thumbs.

If  you feed your children junk food, all the time, you are a child abuser. It's that simple.

They can't go anywhere else to get fed. They need to eat what you feed them, so they have no control. You do.

When you choose to abuse their little bodies by feeding them garbage all day, you are abusing them!

People wouldn't ever dream of feeding with pets the junk they feed their children. Somehow it's not ok to feed crap to pets but it's ok to do it with yourself and your kids.

Now I'm talking about having junk food once in a while. We have movie night every second week, that’s the week I have my kids, and they have junk food. That's not going to kill them.

I'm talking about the people who feed their kids crap everyday. It's time to wake up! You are killing your children. They will die young and sick, and it’s your fault.

Its high time people acted like parents and took care of their kids! Give a damn about their health in the same way you care about your house, your car and your pets. They are definitely worth more than all those things put together. 

Click here for a FREE personal training session at 360fit!

Devin Sherrington was named #2 trainer in Canada 2015, is 8 time Best Personal Fitness Trainer Halifax award winner, and owner the award winning fitness studio 360fit in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. He lives in Fletcher's Lake with his girlfriend Lauren and children Reign and Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment