Tuesday, January 5, 2016

360fit Blog – I Don’t Want To Workout Today


I’ll let you in on a secret about me… I don’t always want to workout.

I know it shouldn’t be like that. I own a gym for God’s sake! I train people for a living. I should love everything and anything about health and fitness right?

Well, yes that’s all true. I do love exercise and working out. I love the feeling of being sweaty and breathing hard. I love the feeling of finishing a hard workout.

But some days I just don’t feel like it.

On those days I usually have lots of things going on, or my mind is somewhere else. I just feel like saying, I have to skip today… I’ll do it tomorrow.

And those are the days I grit my teeth and say, not today!

Look here’s the facts, fitness is hard. Eating healthy is hard. It’s giving things up. It’s not a walk in the park, and it’s hard for every single person who does it.

But the secret, is to just go do it. When you feel down and don’t want to workout, go anyway. When you feel like sleeping in, just get the heck up. When you are working out and feel like it just isn’t flowing, remember you are miles ahead of the other version of yourself who stayed home!

Health and fitness is about grinding every, single, day. It’s about putting in time. That’s how you get fit, by not skipping. You get fit by putting in time when you don’t feel like it.

Anyone can exercise and eat well on days they feel like it. What separates the people who are successful, from the rest, is the successful ones do it no matter what; whether they feel like it or not!

Next time you feel like taking a mental health day, take it at the gym. You will be happy you did it!

Click here for a FREE personal training session, or FREE week at 360fit!

Devin Sherrington was named #2 trainer in Canada 2015, is 8 time Best Personal Fitness Trainer Halifax award winner, and owner the award winning fitness studio 360fit in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. He lives in Fletcher’s Lake with his girlfriend Lauren and children Reign and Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment