Tuesday, April 8, 2014

360fit Blog The 20 Min Workout by Devin Sherrington

With yesterday being the first nice day of 2014 I was dying to go outside and workout. It's been a long winter and I wanted to be in the sun, exercising.

The problem is I only had about 30 minutes as I had a client coming and I needed to jam a shower in that 30 min as well. Now I know trainers who would say I didn't have enough time to get a good workout in. I disagree.

I flipped a 180 lbs tractor tire for 15 min went inside, had a shower and went on with my day.

I'm not saying you need to be out flipping tractor tires in you spare time. But I do feel you can work really hard for 15-20 min and get a workout in when you are short on time.

Try this workout next time you are short on time.

Pushups 10 reps
Squats 20 reps
Crunches 20 reps
High knee run in place 30sec
1 min break

Do that as many times as you can in 15-20 min. It doesn't look like it would be tough but it will leave you sweaty and give you a great workout in a short time!

Bottom line here is that doing something is always better than doing nothing! So go do a short workout. You will be happy you did it.

Devin Sherrington is seven time Best Personal Fitness Trainer Halifax award winner, and owner the award winning fitness studio 360fit in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. He lives in Fletchers Lake with his girlfriend Lauren and children Reign and Journey. 

Click here for a FREE personal training session at 360fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment