Wednesday, April 9, 2014

360fit Blog Favorite Breakfast by Devin Sherrington

I am asked all the time what I eat, and the meal I am asked about the most is breakfast.

People have a terrible time eating breakfast. I used to wonder about why people skipped it so much. When I get up I'm hungry and there's no way I'm skipping it!

Then a client explained it perfectly. She said she skipped it because it took too long and she didn't want to get up five minutes earlier to make it. Makes sense I guess.

I have a way to have fast breakfast that tastes good and is good for you too. It goes like this.

1. Make oatmeal. Not sugar filled oatmeal, real oatmeal.
2. Add extra water to make it a little soupy after it is cooked. (This is important and if you skip this step you will not be happy with the end result.)
3. Add protein power.
4. Add frozen fruit. I like blueberries and apples but it's up to you.
5. Eat.

This is a simple and very quick breakfast. It has healthy carbs, protein, and will keep you feeling full for a while.

I've eaten almost every morning for about 15 years and I look forward to it every day! If you want some changes use different fruit of a different kind of protein powder. That way you get a whole different meal, though to be honest it could be the same every day for me.

Give this a try. You will be impressed with the result!

Devin Sherrington is seven time Best Personal Fitness Trainer Halifax award winner, and owner the award winning fitness studio 360fit in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. He lives in Fletchers Lake with his girlfriend Lauren and children Reign and Journey. 


Click here for a FREE personal training session at 360fit!


1 comment: