Monday, July 22, 2013

360fit - Blood Work for Health and Fitness - You Need It!


I've always felt there was nothing I couldn't do with my body.  I could throw anything at it, train as hard as I wanted, and it would bounce back and give me  more. Well maybe not so much.

For about the last seven years I get blood work done once a year. I think of it as a yearly check-up, like taking my car in for a checkup. About four years ago I found I was really tired for about two months. I mean tired like I had to lean on the counter when I got up after 8 hours of sleep; felt like I slept for 2 hours. 

So when I went for extra blood work. I figured it was just me not getting enough sleep or something.

That wasn't it.

My doctor called me and informed me that my testosterone levels were low. And not just a little low. A lot low. Average for men is between 8 and 20. Mine were 2.1. That's not good. She said it was the level of an unhealthy 75 year old!

But looking back at all my other blood work of the past  years we could see a trend. In Oct 09 it was 8.1, Sept 08 it was 8.6, and Sept 07 9.1. So basically I'd been low and getting lower for a long time.

What is more interesting is now my sister has found her testosterone levels are low as well, and my brother's are right on the edge of being too low! What's interesting is that my parents seem to be perfectly normal. 

Without the blood work each and every year we never would have known there was a problem, or that it has been getting worse for a while. That's why you need to get blood work every year without fail. Think of it as a check-up for your car. You need it or you won't run all that well.

And if you don't think it's important think of me. My whole job is to be healthy and I have problems! It's worth the your peace of mind.

-Devin Sherrington

Sign up for a FREE week of fitness here!

No comments:

Post a Comment